Followers

Follow On Twitter

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mass Effect Fan Fiction - Betrayal

Here is a fan fiction story based on the hit trilogy, Mass Effect. Comment your opinions, and follow us if you like it! No adult content




Betrayal; I knew it the second they came down on us. We pushed our luck too far, and it was only a matter of time. I should have expected it. What, were they just going to stop and leave the galaxy be? No, it was cruel, unfair, and completely unrelenting. It was Omega.
      They are two sides to the same coin. On one side, there is the damned bureaucracy. It never ended, and never began, and always at a complete stand still. I hated it. I wanted it gone, so that's what I did. I left it for the other side; the side of complete and total anarchy. There were no rules, no regulations, and nothing else that would stand in my way of doing what needed to be done. It was a paradise; until now.
      They managed to capture 5 of my men; very wounded. They all served me with the upmost loyalty. I was their leader and they chose to follow me against all odds to fight injustice. They were heroes in my book, and as I hid behind a pillar like a coward, they threatened to shoot each one until I came out. I knew what I had to do, and they knew it too. One by one, the mercs put a round in each of my companion’s heads, and the entire time they stood strong till the very end. They went out like true warriors.
      The mercs efforts were useless. I had already decided my next move, and I was utterly confident that nothing they could do would change that, but then they got to the salarian. I can still hear it going through my head. The crying whimpers of a man who does not belong. He was just a damned kid. He could work a computer inside and out. No hack was to much for him, but unfortunately this was no hack. I could just barely make out the words he said before they shot him.
     "Please no" he whimpered over and over again. I couldn't take it. The son of a bitch had to beg, after all the others made this so easy.
      "Ignore it" I whispered to myself. I tried to hold myself together as this man begged for mercy. I could have stopped it right then and there. I could have jumped out and tried to take them all out myself. I could have tried to save that whimpering kid begging for life, but I knew better, or at least I thought it did. I heard a loud shot, and thinking it was finally over I relaxed, but I was dead wrong. I heard a scream and even louder crying. They were going to torture him. Why did I not see this coming? I heard another shot, and then another, and another, until the pain in my heart was so great that I felt my body being pulled around the pillar. My hesitation saved me though, and a few seconds later I heard the last shot fire. It was finally over. He was dead.
       This was my chance. I could get away. I bolted for the next pillar a couple meters away. As I moved
to it I felt the bullets of frustrated blue suns flying past me.I reached the next pillar and my path was completely open.
       "Come out Archangel, it's all over! Your team is dead, and your next!" yelled a Blue Sun, and then I felt it; the urge for retribution. They all needed to pay, and soon. I looked across the room and saw an unmanned door leading to an abandoned Omega neighborhood, and as natural as breathing, I instantly turned the corner, scoped in, and shot the merc right between the eyes. The armor piercing rounds went right through his helmet, through his skull, and out the back. Human blood burst out from behind his helmet, and he fell to the floor all in a matter of seconds. I drew my side arm and shot to my left, hitting a merc in the shoulder, and I sprinted for the door.
      As I approached the door I turned around to cover my back. A Blue Sun came around the corner and I shot him directly in the chest with the sniper, then to my side three Blue Suns tried to flank me, I wheeled around and shot my pistol. One, two, three shots fired and they fell to the floor. Hearing more Blue Suns, I backed through the door; sniper at the ready.
     When the door closed behind me my muscles began to relax. Five men were dead. One for each of my squad mates they executed, but I wasn't done yet. It was far from it. I locked the door behind me.
      "That should buy us some time" I said out loud, as if I had someone left in my squad to talk to. I proceeded down the abandoned neighborhood, kicking old trash out of my way as I walked. This is what we were fighting for; a place where people could live and be freed from the oppression of the damned gangs, and not have to abandon their homes for no good reason except survival. Who knows what happened here? The Blue Suns could have marched through and killed everyone in their beds. Men, women, and children seemed to mean nothing to them. It was all about credits. They were greedy bastards, and I was going to kill them all. That is what my squad would have wanted. After a few minutes of walking I came to an intersection and stopped to listen. Down the hall I heard Blue Suns scurrying. I was running out of time. I quickly picked a direction at the intersection and jogged down it.
      Lantar Sidonis was his name; the man that betrayed my squad and left us to die. He was a good soldier, and relatively good company. I thought he was loyal till the very end, like the other men, but he proved me wrong. I felt a fire in my heart. It was wrong. There was an imbalance in the world. He needed to repent; to pay for his betrayal.
     I came up to a large bridge. I looked up and saw an apartment building overlooking the platform. It was perfect. I just needed to be flawless, and never miss. That part was easy. The hard part was not getting distracted. Not feeling the pain and anger of the tragedy that had befallen us.
     "Please no" I remembered him crying. Over and over it played through my head as I crossed the bridge, and even with the fight that was too come, all I could think about was one single fact.  It was the fact that would allow me to persevere. It was the fact that still gave me purpose; Revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment